Opening in the early 1920’s, Forest Park began as a combination high school/junior high at 4300 Chatham Road. In 1932 Garrison Junior High School opened at Garrison and Barrington Road. Garrison, which later became Garrison Middle School, has recently closed after 80 years of educating Baltimore’s youth. Forest Park stood at Chatham Road for more than five decades. In the late 70’s the building was razed to make way for the current building that sits on Eldorado Avenue.